Thursday, October 26, 2017

Last Will and Testament: William Bryant MOORING (1839-1911)


Know all men by these presents that I, Bryant Mooring of the State of North Carolina, and County of Greene, being of sound mind and memory, but weak in body and considering to the uncertainty of this life, do make, declare and publish this my last will and testament.

 1. That my Executor hereinafter named shall collect all debts due me at my death, and pay all funeral expenses, preparing for my body a decent burial, and pay all my just debts to whomsoever owing, out of the first moneys that may come into his hands.

2. I give and bequeath and devise to my beloved wife, Pennie Mooring, all of my real estate and personal property so long as she may live, and then to be divided as follows between my children:

3. I have deeded to my son, Henry Mooring, all the land that intended for him to have.

4. I give and bequeath and devise to my beloved son, Wyley Mooring, the following piece or parcel of land:  BOUNDED AND DESCRIBED AS FOLLOWS:  BEGINNING at a stake, the corner of Henry C. Mooring land, and the George W. G. Beaman land, and runs with the line of the Beaman land, N. 621/2 West 22 poles to a stake;  thence South 34 1/4 West a line parallel with H. C. Mooring's line to the road, a stake;  thencewith the road to Henry C. Mooring's corner, a stake;  thence with the line of H.C. Mooring, the beginning containing 25 acres, more or less, and known as Lot Number Two in a plat made by B.E. Beaman made for Bryant Mooring, dated May 3rd, 1904, to have so long as he lives, and then to go to his children.

5. I give and bequeath and devise to my grand-daughter, Bertie Hill, the following piece or parcel of land bounded and described as follows:  BEGINNING at a stake _________ containing 20 acres, more or less, and being known as Lot Number Three in a plat made by B.E. Beaman for Bryant Mooring dated May 3rd, 1904, to her so long as she should live, and if no children, then to her brother, Frank Hill..

6. I give and bequeath and devise to my daughter, Victoria Eason, the wife of Abner Eason, the following described tracts or parcels of land __________ containing 35 acres, more or less.  I tax her lot with $50.00 wigh I want to be paid to my son, J.I. Mooring, to her as long as she may live, and then to her children.

7. I give and bequeath and devise unto my son, L.D. Mooring, so long as he should live, and then to his bodily heirs, the following piece of land, described as following ________ containing 30 acres, more or less.  I tax his lot with the sum of $100.00, which I want to be paid to John I. Mooring.

8. I give to my son, Marcellous Mooring, all of my property that I had for him.

9. I give and bequeath to my beloved wife, Pennie Mooring, all my personal property that I may have at the time of my death, to sell and use at her own option such as money, notes and other property.

10. I do nominate and constitute and appoint my beloved wife, Pennie Mooring, the sole Executor of this my last will and testament.

IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I hereunto set my hand and seal, and publish and decree this to be my last will and testament in the presence of witnesses named below, this October 24th, 1910.



                   (seal) of Bryant Mooring

No comments:

Post a Comment